Day trip to Sevilla

Sevilla Travel Blog

Alcazar
We made a day trip to Sevilla from Granada.  We missed our bus stop because they don’t display the stops on the bus.  We finally made it to the train station and luckily the train was running late.  We arrive in Sevilla and caught the local bus to the area where the Cathedral and Alcazar are located.  It was a beautiful sunny day, a nice change from the rain and colder weather.  We decided to check out the Alcazar first, the palace was a lot different from all the other palaces I’ve seen throughout Europe.  The architecture was completely different but just as amazing.
Alcazar
  There were a lot of colors and mosaics used throughout the palace, with huge archways with detailed carvings.  The amount of detail in the frame carvings was insane.  There was a beautiful courtyard with a pool in the middle and plants surrounding it.  My favorite room would have to be the one with the dome ceiling; I think they call it the half orange room because that’s what it looked like.  The dome was covered in gold stars and shapes, making it look like the night sky.  After wandering through the rooms, we ended in the huge garden.  There were a lot of fountains and plants in the garden; they even had some peacocks walking around.  After we finished at the Alcazar, we went over to the Cathedral.  Sadly the Cathedral was closed to the public due to a private event.  We just walked around the exterior; it’s really an extravagant looking cathedral.  It was huge, with several spiral towers and so much detail.  It’s supposed to be the second largest Cathedral behind St. Peter’s Basilica.  We had some time before we had to catch our train back to
Granada so we headed over to Plaza Espana.
Alcazar
  This plaza was the best I’ve seen so far in
Spain, it reminded me a little of a Las Vegas casino for some reason.  There was a beautiful fountain in the center of the plaza, which had a rainbow from the hot sun.  Mid way through the train ride, our train breaks down in Osuna.  I had no idea what was going on because no one spoke English, all I understood was autobus.  After about 30 minutes we all hopped onto a bus that drove us to another train station where a train would take us the rest of the way to Granada.  We finally made it to our destination 2 hours late.
Courtyard at the Alcazar