EuropeItalyPisa

Day trip to Pisa

Pisa Travel Blog

Leaning Tower

Caught the train and made a stop at Pisa before heading over to Cinque Terre.  Dropped our luggage off at the baggage room and stopped at the tourist office to pick up a map of Pisa.  We walked over to the leaning tower and it was pretty cool.  It was funny watching everyone take their pictures next to the leaning tower, they were all pushing the tower in some way or another.  After taking a bunch of pictures, we walked around to check out the basilica and duomo.  I decided that I wanted to climb the tower, so I paid and got in line.  It was a little trippy walking up the stairs on the tower, you could feel the slight lean.  The steps were pretty warn out from the years of people walking up the tower.  Got to the first level and walked around before climbing up to the next level.  The second level had a bunch of bells around the tower and the top level had the best view.  It was cool to climb up the leaning tower, but they rushed you up and down that it wasn't worth the 15 euros.  There wasn't much to see in Pisa beside the leaning tower.  Made our way back to the train station and caught the train to Cinque Terre.

Duomo