... and from Aranyaprathet to Bangkok

Aranyaprathet Travel Blog

The pool
Yes, we are back, no doubt! In Aranyaprathet we experience that good old Thai efficiency again! After Customs, we are waited by a young man who changes our tickets into red labels. We are among the first, but slowly more and more peops join the group. After half an hour or so a minibus shows up. Passengers with a red label are asked to hop in. So that's what we do.

The first part of this journey didn't give me a safe feeling, but neither does this second part. Not because of the bus or the road, both are in splendid condition, but because of the driver. This guy is a kind of Ralf Schumacher on speed! How fast can a minibus go? When I look at the dashboard I see the needle tremble beyond the 170 mark...

Touchdown is 2,5 hours after our departure. Must be a new record. We decide to head for the New Siam Riverside. It's more expensive than the New Siam II, where we stayed before, but this hotel has a great pool next to the river. From the 5 days we have still left before we will be flying back to Holland, we want to spend 4 days somewhere on a beach, so we can only stay 1 day in Bangkok. Exactly the time we need to do some serious shopping.
Aranyaprathet