First stop - Nałęchów

Nałęchów Travel Blog

August 15th is a holiday here and we have a three day weekend. It's a great chance to do some more exploring. This time we're going to head east to Lublin, Zamosc and into Ukraine to the city of L'viv.  We're sitting in a café close to the Malachowski Palace having a coffee (well, Ana is having a coffee - I'm having chocolate...) and enjoying a rest after driving for a few hours from Warsaw

This is a small spa town, with some mineral springs that were discovered in the 1700s and are supposed to be good for circulatory disorders. It became a popular vacation spot and there are some incredible residences that people built here in the past.  So, it's a nice place to stop, take a walk, enjoy the green landscape and see a place that reminds me of summer vacations in the country when I was a kid.

After our break we wandered up and down the main street in the town looking at the houses and people watching. There's only about a half hour more to go before reaching Lublin, so after about an hour, when we'd seen all we wanted to see we got back into the car and continued down highway 17 to Lublin.  The drive was really nice - we just had to watch out for the numerous radars along the highway.  I have a feeling that most of them are "decoys" and don't really work, but we slowed down just the same!

photo by: boxinbcn