Bangkok Travel Blog

There was much excitement leading up to and not so much planning for this trip.  Unlike the Mexico/Cuba trip, where there was some Spanish to struggle through and different cultures to mesh into – this trip to the UK should be relatively easy – a simple reunion of sorts.

Still, as with any expedition, there always has to be some planning.

Firstly there was the soundtrack.  We had been spoiled with Dragon’s theme song to our April Sun in Cuba trip but London had a plethora of songs to choose our theme song from.  Everything from the Kinks to Oasis to Coldplay had been listened to in the lead up.  As I sit on the plane though, the only thing buzzing through my head is the old “Werewolves of London” song – not handy!

In further preparation, I’d taken to letting my beer warm before drinking and dining on fish n chips regularly.

With my “Oright!” mastered too – I was ready.

The flight over was a long and tedious one – as expected.  Made worse with a 6hr layover in Bangkok.  You’ll see why I called it a layover with the shots attached.  For Steff, Dim and I the 6 hrs meant a choice between taxiing into Bangkok for a quick 1 and ½ hrs or mixing cocktails in the lounge and competing at dirty word hangman.  Of course, we chose the latter.  Not sure whether it was the sleep deprivation that the midnight flight out of Melbourne provided or the concoctions of rum and vodka but we soon found ourselves catching a quick 15 minutes shut eye on the tiled floor of Bangkok airport.  No – it’s not classy, I’ll agree.  But after playing a dozen rounds of dirty word hangman, clearly class wasn’t our aim here.

Bangkok behind us, we set off on our 12 hours stint to London....

I’ll leave you with this little youtube to enjoy.  Hey, I had to suffer through 12 hours of this song going over and over in my head.

debbiej says:
hi ya shell dim and steff, well my song would be "london calling" by the clash gee the airport looks clean sounds cool now going to the next blog deb
Posted on: Sep 01, 2008