Sana'a Travel Blog› entry 19 of 38 › view all entries
Despite the title, this page is more about Arabic names that Malaysians (specifically Malays) have. I now know their meanings! Names of friends, bank tellers, flight attendants etc.
Here are a few beautiful ones ... they get better as you go down the list! I can't comment on any Yemeni Arab female names because as a male visitor, one doesn't get to meet any women or even see their faces.
- Farid (m) / Faridah (f) - unique
- Amin (m) / Aminah (f) - trustworthy ... my teacher says this is one of the many untrue names
- Jameel (m) / Jameelah (f) - beautiful ... another untrue name ... who is to know that a beautiful baby will be an plain adult
- Rafeah (f) - high or superior
- Farah (f) - joy
- Nur Leila (f) - Light + Night (maybe the moon and stars)
- Nur Aini (f) - Light + My Eye (light of my eye, presumably)
- Nur Hayati (f) - Light + My Life (Debbie Boone?)
- Nur Farah (f) - Light + Joy (wow! this IS beautiful)
- Nur Ashiqin (f) - Light + Lovers (double wow!!! maybe having cigarettes in the dark afterwards).