EuropeNorwayHell

A day in Hell

Hell Travel Blog

On the road to Hell.

I had a flight to Copenhagen, connecting there to Paris, but it was cancelled for 'technical reasons'. Since there were no other flights out that day, the airline put us all up in a hotel. I have to say, Norwegian Airlines was really nice about the whole thing, even giving all the passengers a cash voucher for their inconvenience (~$300) in addition to a hotel room. As it turned out, we all wound up in Hell, literally! Actually, it's not such a bad place. The Rica Hell Hotel was very nice and the Hell Shopping center was located close by. I had some time during the day to waste, so I took a walk across the bridge and had a look at the Hell train station. The buildings are representative of old style train depots having been built in 1902. The freight building bears the name "Gods - Expedition", which is humorous in the context of the station name.

Hell Station cargo building
This is actually an archaic Norwegian spelling of the word for 'cargo handling', which is godsekspedisjon in the modern Norwegian spelling. In fact the name Hell in Norwegian actually has a good connotation meaning luck. Nevertheless, the antiquated buildings combined with the building signs gives the place a spooky feel. The Hell arrivals/departures schedule board takes on a new meaning! I waited for a train to come by for a photo, but one never arrived. Some people came from time to time, waited for a while and then left. I thought this rather strange. I walked back to the hotel, and collected my flight information for the following day. I was informed that dinner was free courtesy of the Airline too. They had a very nice selection of dishes on the buffet in the hotel dining room. The event was certainly an inconvenience, but I took it in stride and the Airline was so generous I couldn't complain. In the end, I can always say I enjoyed a day in Hell.

spocklogic says:
Guess there's more than on Hell, eh?
walterman9999 says:
thats to Hell in the Caymon Islands
walterman9999 says:
Brian,
I hve bee tioHel in the Caymon islands an mailed postcards from there
Its a Hell of a Hotel.
All roads lead to hell.
All roads lead to hell.
I didnt anticipate this Expedition
I didn't anticipate this Expedition
Hell station - across the tracks.
Hell station - across the tracks.
Hell station - Gods Expedition.
Hell station - Gods Expedition.
Waiting on a train in Hell
Waiting on a train in Hell
Arrivals and Departures - Good God!
Arrivals and Departures - Good God!
Hellestad