Tel Aviv in a Flash

Tel Aviv Travel Blog

I didn’t spend much time in Tel Aviv,  flight arrival and departure excepted. I met a lovely Israeli on my way in, Noam, who had offered to show me around, but I decided to stick with my friend and her family. Guess I wasn’t that trusting, and besides, after years of not visiting with one another, I enjoyed a dedicated journey.

So, on my last night, my friend and I took a bus from Jerusalem, 40 minutes, to Tel Aviv. We went hoping to dine at the Black Hebrew restaurant. The folks in Dimona had been so kind, accepting us into their community, and explaining their lifestyle to us. It was the least we could do in return. Also, we were both open to trying a renowned vegetarian spot. Only it wasn’t where it was supposed to be. In its place was some sort of furniture shop, I think. And no one answered the establishment-or community-phones. Plan B:  We went to an Indian restaurant, where I, admittedly, was in a bad mood, and so, wasn’t good company. Though we “made up” with a little shameless begging on my part, I didn’t get any good pictures from the night. Just flashes of light reflected back from the flash of my canon powershop,and, wait for it ... McDonald’s back at the bus terminal.

Tel Aviv