Looking for a home for the night and exploring

Key Largo Travel Blog

We set off at daybreak. Woke up at 4 am and packed the car witht he camping gear, cameras, and fishing gear.....and headed off to walgreens to get provisions. Once we bought a new cooler and lots of bug spary we went by my parents house where I keep my kayak. With a couple of sandwiches from my grandmother we were set for the day....we'll worry about food when we get there.

The drive was exciting and interesting as it was Goshos first time in the Keys, and everything was amazing and beautiful to him. When we got to Key Largo we saw a farmers market/town yard sale....and as I am such a junk freak we had to stop. After snooping around other peoples unwanted stuff and spend an hour looking through all the books it was time to be on our way.

Destination: John Pennecamp.....one of the best campsites in the Keys.....with that being said....it was completely booked!!!!!! Needess to say...it was not only high season, but Valentines Day weekend. After getting a list of campsites along the keys we headed south to find a home.

Three campsites later, we found one that had one spot that had canceled.