Intro to the Weekend to Come....An Explanation on Melanie aka 'The Diet Killer'

California Travel Blog

For those that don't really know Melanie or I, we are Food Network fans.  Melanie is quite the celebrity chef fan all the way around but I am kinda partial to Guy Fieri who became known through his start on the Next Food Network Star. I watched every episode, voted when I could, and really enjoyed his personality and his unique approach to cooking and hosting. I was thrilled to see him win and love watching his subsequent successes through Guy's Big Bite and now Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives.  He is not your typical mainstream kinda guy which I enjoy even more and respect him for being himself and bringing a very hip edge to the cooking world.

In any case, since Melanie is coming to visit for the weekend, we decided to take the opportunity to do our own Guy Fieri tour. He owns several restaurants in this general area and a number of local spots have been featured on his show, Diners, Drive In's, and Dives.  Melanie is a huge foodie and is one of the few that will appreciate all the places featured.  Yes, we have talked about trying to hit all the places featured on the show! LOL.

And while I can find something relatively healthy to eat at every stop, Foodie Adventures with Melanie also consist of way too many stops at dessert places (sugar free only though)!!  :-)

Looking forward to seeing how many places of Guy's we can hit this trip and I am sure the Melanie and Erin combo will result in some mild mayhem, silly pictures, and of course, frozen yogurt and cupcake stops as well!

Stay tuned as the Diet Killer invades Northern California! :-)

mellemel8 says:
i could do the same for you :P
poohstanggt says:
Geez, I could do a whole blog of just photos of you eating stuff! LOL.
mellemel8 says:
you know you could have at least have a photos of me eating something :P