Papua New Guinea, untouched nature and people

Papua New Guinea Travel Blog

port moresby, the capital of PNG, was surprised us actually. The city was so developed more than we thought. However, we couldn't look around the city as much as we wish. Because we had to translate our flight which was really heading our final destination. A region called Madang was our final destination where is far away from the captial city for one or two hours by a plane.

The air port of Madang was so small even we coundn't recognize in the air. When we arrived there, some people already came out for us. We introduced each other then we headed to the missionary house where we stayed that night. With raining in that moring, we couldn't get in the truck all so i and other guys got in the back side of the truck with our packs and burdens.

Sitting back side which was like driving an open car was so great to me. Even the air of PNG was cleaner than singapore. In that morning, it was quiet cold because of raining that day but it was good to us that we could refresh our tired bodies for long journey by a plane from singapore.

First impression of PNG was very great. The weather was not hot and cool also there were a lot of trees and various plants which i had never seen before in my life.

The main our service activites were teaching children. For the activites, we had to move more inside of the untouched nature from Madang. After taking bus for two hours, we finally arrived our very last final destination.

The place was definetely the place where i always had seen in TV programms and i hadn't seen like the place ever in my life through my owned eyes.  During days i spent there, the people were always smiling to us and each other. They seemed truly happy. Especially, the children although we coundn't communicate well each other, but we could understand even without words. Those people always prepared our meals as best as they could and when we visited a town, we always could receive some fantastic presents and welcome. Even those people were not abundance for those meals and gifts to us, but they gave those valuable gifts to us with beatiful smiles. It made us feel real thankness to those people.

It was my second service trip on an oversea country.  it was so valuable experience to me so that every moments i spent there wouldn't be forgotten in my rest life.

ames_corp says:
Great experience. I hope to have opportunity to visit this well preserved nature and culture.
Posted on: Aug 17, 2008