In the preparation stages

Concord Travel Blog

We have been building up to this trip for several months now - ever since we received an invitation to attend Jeff La Mere's and Megan Jones' wedding in Asheville, NC.  Having never traveled to the South East before, we felt this was a great opportunity.  I was hesitating a bit because of the obscene gasoline prices.  Our minivan is not exactly economical to drive (why are they called "minivans" when they are far from "mini").  Our itinerary is ambitious.  Although we will be away for close to two months, we are not staying very long in any one place.  That is Jag's favorite way to travel.  I would rather take it slow, but we need a motorhome for that.

We have gathered all of the maps we need and updated Rhoda (Roada?)
, our GPS .  We have the AAA tour books and tons of info we sent for from the various state tourist commissions.    I don't want to load up the car with a mountain of paper, so I will cut out the pages of the various books and brochures that cover the areas we plan to visit.  We are going to stick to the coastal areas for the most part.  I hope that will mean cooler weather.  The excitement level is rising as the date of departure is approaching: September 2nd.

I hope a few of our friends and family will send us comments along the way.  That would make sharing this trip so much more fun.  Jag and I will try not to bore you too much.  At least you will not have to sit through an interminable slide show when we get home!  Keep us informed, too, about your comings and goings.
dahling says:
sounds like you are all prepared, I need to check the rest of your blog tomorrow
Posted on: Sep 23, 2008