malaysia week performance during rainy time in London

London Travel Blog

Tower Brigde is not the longest brigde, designed as a bascule brgidge, is the sight that looks so interesting that I wanted it to have as the  view on my photos. I like its shape and colour, and it seems like a well done team work :)
There were two main engeeners who constructed it, Sr Horace Jones who designed it and Sir John Wolfre-Barry who built it, but there were also eight different contractors-one was responsible for the piers and abutments, one for steel superstructure, one for the hydraulic machinery and one for the masonry superstructure.
Jones' original design was simple and had a medieval style. But Jones died in 1887, and Barry added his own artistic touch (what exaclty it was I didn't find in the article).
I had no idea what a bascule means, but I found that "bascule" is derived from the French word for see-saw," and the bascule bridge is a kind of drawbridge which works on a pivot and has a heavy  weight at one end to balance the greater length at the other.
But when I was walking through the bridge I didn't think about all this smart process of opening, because I was hearing the loud music and was trying to guess what it is. It was a malaysia week performance oprganized close to the bridge. They were about to finish it, when I came nearer but I still had a chance to see some showy dances :)
sometimes I had to repeat my work…
sometimes I had to repeat my "wor…
photo by: ulysses