the rock!

Uluru - Kata Tjuta Travel Blog

To be honest, I wasnt looking forward to going to Ayres Rock, the though of being in a desert in a very hot country to look at a rock, slightly worried me. But I am in Australia and you have to visit Ayre Rock.

Now we got an organsied tour (cause thats the only way to do it unless u have a car!) We were with Emu tours. We got picked up at 6am!!! It was so much fun. All the way there the driver would give us a tour of things on way, like the fly squatters (solar panels) US submarine refilling station (we are hundreds of miles from sea!) pointing out Kangeroos (on signs!) It was great. We got breakie, lunch and dinner too!

Now we went to the Olgas first which is a lumpy ayres rock. See pics. But this was our first time off the bus, and it wasnt to hot there was a breeze!!! Oh I am now excited, my skin will not melt off my body! Plus the wind scares off the hundreds of flies.

Next we went to ayres rock. Now do you know that when there is heavy rain, the water runs off ayres rock in waterfalls. I didnt, so as there was huge rain falls recently there were big watering holes around ayres rock. It was very pretty. there were trees too.

We finished the day with abbq looking over ayres rock at sunset. It was amazing.

Check out these links for photos of the day
Uluru - Kata Tjuta