When Noah visited our Room!

Kathmandu Travel Blog

Well how can I start this..... well this was the day my shower create a scene that only Noah would have been able to cope with. I flooded our room. The wet room shower with no drainage welcome to Kathmandu!!! lol But dont worry after using 4 towels to clear a room 1 inch in water we run aground!

So we then decided to go visit of Kathmandu.

We headed first to the Nepal answer to Varanassi. Now we were just hoping it was such as bad as Varanassi. We turned up to this place which has a very special feel. I know it sound stupid to say spirtual when it is a hindu place but it really was. This is a place where the hindu take there dead to be cremated. You can openly see it. We arrived to see, a man being washed in the waters wrapped and carried by his family to this platform. They then do more cleaning. Then the eldest son walks round the bodie with hands of water several times. Then they remove all the old clothes so you have a fresh start for the new world. Then they start the fire (thats where we escaped) Now I know it sound svery morbid but it was so amazing to watch. It an amazing temple like surrounds with monkeys and buddahs. Unlike some of the japanese I did take lots of photos, but there will be some of the buildings and buddahs on here. But it really was an amazing plac.e It was how I was expect Varanassi to be.

Kathmandu