Moon, speed, and eggs

Taupo Travel Blog

Now before you get worried mum i havent started taking drugs and imagining things.

We have packed in lots here. We started off with a trip to the crators of the moon. Which actually isnt the moon. I know surprising isnt it! No space ride or anaything very disapointing. But the one thing i can say about this place where steam fills the air, huge holes like the moon exisit is that it does in fact stink... not just stink but stinks of eggs. And a one point i thoughtwe were going to blow up in a massive explosion of the eart, turns out the earth/steam is so hot it can make mud bubble and that is supposdly safe. hmmm.

Next we got won over by a sign explaining fast boats, so we drove and next thing we know I am exposing myself in a carpark getting changed then putting on a life jacket and being put on a speed boat. These things just seem to happen to me. Then we were driven at high speeds round this river, spun round 360 degrees (which was so cool I was giggling like a small girl) driving amongst swans, narrow missing the adges of the river. Drove past 2 nudist (they just seem to find me) Then upto a waterfall where we got so close to it we were on the white foam (drivers terms not me!) Photos are on Facebook.

Then after this we went up to the dam, where every day they open it up (who they are I dont know I am imaging possums wearing feather hats!) And flood the valley so the dam has no enviroment affect. The photos are cool.

Then after all this we went back to the waterfall took some photos (not as impressive being on top then as being at the bottom!)

Now we drive to the national park!
photo by: carpefunk