Goooodddd Morning Vietnam

Ho Chi Minh City Travel Blog

Can I just start by saying Welcome to the world little baby Courtney, who was born over the weekend in Plymouth!

We are now in country no 6!!!!

We are in 'Nam. We can now say "when I was in 'nam" oh yeah there is no stopping me now.

Now this place is mad. Well Ho Chi Minh City anway. Its so busy. Bikes everywhere. Neon lights. Kinda what you imagine chine or japan to be like. But the people are really friendly. We didnt find this in Cambodia. There we found them a bit money mad. But here there is good service in resturants and hostels. We just left a pub for dinner and they went good bye and thank you with a mad frantic wave. Great we love crazyness like that. That and the first neon sign we saw on top of a building in 3m here lettering Hung Bien . Great funny amusing, if it keeps us entertained we are happy. Esp if it makes me laugh non stop like Mutley (from wakey races)

Now to the serious part we visited a vietnam war museum today. Now I really cant believe that a war like that so violent and cruel only happened 35 years ago. I didnt and still don t really know a huge amount about the Vietnam war. But the photos in this musuem were so moving. Showing how some of the people were killed. Now this isnt really the place for me to get on my soap box about it. But I will at some point the photos on facebook for those who are brave enough to look at. But I would say is why on earth are there still wars going on in this world , why cant people just be happy and get on! Everyone stop being so greedy! Love not war! (spoken like a true hippie i feel!)