AsiaIndiaAnjuna

Goa

Anjuna Travel Blog

Hi Everyone,

Well we have now been in goa for some days now. What a pretty area. Everyone is very friendly. There is a neighbour called Rosie who checks on us regularly, the internet cafe wave at us as we go out in the morning. It is so nice. But there is the downside too. People don't stop staring I am not sure if its a sheer beauty or the fact we are white woman. I thinks it the last one. If you sit on the beach here you will be approached by woman selling things and trying to get you to visit there store. But they always go 'you are white' ( i always feel like going noooo I thought i was purple!) Steph has been told she is "indian barbie' and my favourite 'you are like chicken'. I will get miles out of that one.

We sat on the beach the other day reading (yes i am reading and no moni no pics) and we were approached my 2 english woman.
Fashioning a very sexy tshirt
They had a hard time in delhi and came to goa and were on the hunt for english. And supposdly by our walk they could tell. Their names are Hannah and Becky and they are nurses from London. They are just as mad as us. So we have met for a few beers and had breakie this morning with them.

So what have we doing...hmmm.... good question. Well we have had to get over the being tired, get used to the heat and the culture. But we are ok now. We tried yesterday to go to the capital of Goa Panjim but it didnt happen. So we were speaking to the hostel owner and he suggested today we took a taxi tour. It costs 1500 ruppes (10 pounds) He took us to a spice plantation it was amazing.

We drove for ages, when we arrived we drove past 2 elephants (yes elephants!!!) Our driver lead us through the trees down some steps saw our first of two spiders (they are troll eating size, im looking for a big stick to scare them off).
Then the trees parted and we went over the marsh land (bit like in the vietnam films) on this wooden bridge. At the end was this huge beach hut. We got welcomed with flower necklaces and lemongrass tea. We had lunch. Then our tour started, the guide took us around part of the 800 acre plot. Getting us to smells things and guess what they were. Did you know cinnemon is actually dried bark. And oh my gosd you should see how they collected the bettle nuts. This guy demonstarted with  climbing the tree by feet, then once he was up the tree (20 odd metres) he jumped and swung between the trees it was amzing. He was king louie. Then at the end we counted to 3 and he slid down the tree so fast. Now neil thats what you need to learn.

After this we went to a couple of hindu temples and a cathloic church, before returning home. We are off to go meet the girls for dinner.

Temple just down the road