Aint no mountain high enough!

Sarangkot Travel Blog

Well What a day......

so we were chuffed we got a taxi for 700 instead 1100 to take us up the mountain to our next hotel.

So off we go! Very pretty!

Then the driver asked us the name of our hotel. He said oh I cant drive that far. You will have to walk the last bit about 10 mins. Liar liar pants on fire.

After we paid to go up the road, and some random dude got in the front of the car, we drove for about 5 mins and he stopped in the middle of no where. Next to a group of guys.

We had to walk.

Straight away these guys were like need a porter. Its very far. you wont manage!! You dont tell a Carter that. Yes I can . Putting on Jo (weighing 15 kilos) and Neil on my front (weighing about 7 kilos) and off we went, they then told us we were going the wrong way and we had to go up these steps. Now swiss.... this is a white red white trek. Sorry Don and Mum we werenty prepared so we are wearing our flip flops! oops!

But we were stubbon, we were going to walk this, (just hoping the top bit wasnt where we were having to go...turned out it was higher!) so we walking/climbing. With 2 guys following waiting for us to break and give in. Now they want to us to pay a quid each to carry our bags which is peanuts I know. But they said I was too unfit to do it. Ha! I will prove them wrong. So after about 15 min we stopped we needed suntan lotion and I decided enough was enough, I told these guys to bugger off!!!  They were getting on my nerves. Guess what they did!

So we carry on. The view was amazing over the himlayas and pokhara lake. and there was paragliders taking off and circling. It was amazing. I mean we didnt d it swiss speed but we were carrying 22 kilos of weight, in 25c heat, up a mountain with no training... I feel I should hear a round of applause. We did stop a few times and check we were going the right way, then we stopped for a drink in cafe (turned out just 20 metres away from hostel doh!) But we did it. I so wanted those to be there so I could do a victory dance, but never saw them again.

That night though after sunset, I went for a wonder. I have never seen the stars like this in my life. It was so dark u couldnt see the end of the sky and the beginning of the mountains. With the villages having lights on, it was like the stars were everywhere and I was floating in space! It was so cool. Really worth the walk up here. but........

....... we have ordered a taxi to pick us up from hostel to take to the bus station and we are paying the 1100 rupees. We arent barthering on this one again!
monicacarter says:
Dad would be so proud, flexing your muscles! Fancy saying you can't manage...did they not realise who you were!
Posted on: Oct 22, 2008