First stop LA

Los Angeles Travel Blog

After a flight with KLM that lasted around 12 hours, I finally arrived in LA. As I had not gotten any sleep in the plane I felt kind of tired, therefore I was not happily supprised to find a large cue after leaving my plane.

After 4 HOURS of waiting in line it was finally my turn to smile at the webcam and give my fingerprints, as soon as it was confirmed I was not a known terrorist I got my stamps and was able to move along.  Luckily after all the waiting my suitcases where already waiting for me and 15 minutes later I was in a cab headed towards my hostel.

The cab-ride was affordable, being used to Dutch fares and the hostel I had booked cost only a few dollars a night.  The hostel which name I cannot recall, was little to write home about however the staff was very friendly and the place was relatively clean.

A major downside of the hostel was its location, although it was close to the beach all the other things I wanted to see were long bus rides away. (I should have looked into the matter more carefully). Luckily although time consuming the city busses were insanely cheap and for the most part driving on time.

During my 9 day stay in LA I visited Venice beach, Hollywood, the film studios, beverly hills, the down town area and offcourse the walk of fame!

All in all I had a good time in LA however after nine days I had seen most of the touristy things and I was ready to travel to my next destination; the Cook Islands!!!!