Relaxing at a tropical island

Koh Samui Travel Blog

Seeing the first piece of Koh Samui

After my 27 hour trip I arrived with a ferry from the mainland to the beautiful island of Koh Samui. From the ferry is a 10 minute walk to go to the taxis. I had not much sleep and I only had breakfast so I was a little bit tolling at my feet. The taxi driver asked a ridiculous price but I wanted to go somewhere for a good diner and a great shower :-)

The hotel, which I booked already when I was home, was far beyond what I've expected. The hotel complex consists of several  bungalows, a private beach and a restaurant . When I saw the bungalow inside I was already impressed but when I opened the bathroom door I was really astonished. My bath room was so big; I could easily park two cars inside it, wow it was the best way to relax at the end of my roundtrip through Thailand.

After all it was quite relaxed to stay at the Samui Yacht Club, every day clean towels and bed linen. Breakfast was superb and the restaurant was also excellent, especially the Thai food. When starting the trip I thought I would travel at Koh Samui too, but it turned out different. I stayed at Koh Samui just doing nothing, just sunbathing, swimming and snorkeling. Oh and reading my book; The Beach, if you've seen the movie you'd understand why I read the book in Thailand. Although I didn't stay at the same Island I had lots of fun.

After relaxing and shopping at the seven eleven I decided to search for the German people I met earlier at my trip. On the way to my hotel I searched already for a sign of their hotel. But I couldn't find it that quickly. So I asked the reception where the hotel was.

The man said it was about a 1,5 km walk. So I put on my shoes, took something to drink with me and set off. Just walking by the side of the road. It was nice but also very hot. Every taxi tried to get noticed by me but a nice walk isn't that bad. After a while when I thought I would be nearby the hotel, I asked for right directions at a nice and chic hotel. They explained it was still far away, at least 2 km. They've got also a solution, I had to rent one of their motorcycles. Well I said thank you and walked further, I thought it wasn't a very good idea me driving on a motorcycle without experience and sandy roads!?. Second I asked a Thai woman sitting next to the road for directions; she was so kind to walk for a little while with me. Afterall it wasn't that far and I only had to walk down a sandy road. While walking I was thinking what to do if I couldn't find them; leaving a note at the reception desk? After five minutes I found them and drinking beers with them enjoying the good life at Koh Samui :-)

Koralifix says:
Pretty photos :)
Posted on: Apr 01, 2009
Jacqinmiddenamerika says:
Yep, it was really bad..... :-(
Posted on: Jan 03, 2009
Biedjee says:
oh, that looks awful! You must have had a terrible time :)
Posted on: Jan 03, 2009