weekend getaway to Texas!!

Austin Travel Blog

Went to Austin to visit my friend Michael. We then proceeded to head out to San Antonio to meet up with some of his friends and have breakfast at a Mexican restaurant. It was actually pretty good!!

We drove out to Six Flags and had a blast! We were running late and I was starting to get despondent since it started pouring rain and it was already 2:00 PM and we still hadn't reached the park! But we finally made it and were told that The Tony Hawk ride was the only ride that had shut down from the rain....

Poor Michael HATES roller coasters but just tagged along to keep me company. Lucky for me, I didn't have to get on the rides myself since his friend was an avid rider of roller coasters too! It was really awesome when we ended the day with the 4th of July Fireworks!! Now THAT was definitely awesome! But it did get pretty crowded towards the end of the night when they started closing off sections of the park to make room for the parade.

We headed back to Austin that night. Had a great BBQ dinner at Rudy's. Delicious!! It was so tender and juicy! I didn't think it was a restaurant at first since the set up is pretty much an open kitchen with a counter where you order your food. Then they cut up your meet on the island kitchen and give it to you in parchment paper. No plates. No utensils. Mmmm... hands on grubbing!!

In Austin, we went kayaking at Lady Bird Lake. I opted for the 2 seater kayak since I didn't have much experience. I think I will do the single one next time because I definitely was NOT any help moving us when Michael wasn't helping in the rowing!!

Then we also hung out at Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, Texas for a day. Everyone hyped the place up and it was pretty decent. MY judgment is pretty jaded after my awesome experience at six flags!! :)

I did enjoy the peaceful side of Texas compared to the hustle and bustle of Las Vegas. The only thing that I don't like about Texas are the off-ramps from the freeways. It's like an accident just waiting to happen!!

the streets of Austin at 3:00 AM