Kabulwarnamyo

Kabulwarnamyo Travel Blog

Nimbuwa Rock
Got up 7am and wasn't feeling too good in the stomach. Had a light brekkie then packed up and shipped out. Stopped to look at Nimbuwa Rock where A realised his swag had fallen off the 4WD. He went back to look for it while J told us about life as a stolen child. I hadn't realised how recently it had still been occurring. We had a lunch similar to yesterdays on the banks of the Liverpool River which was nice to paddle in. The first outstation we arrived at was Manmoyi where we met M. She and some other women were preparing for a Christian conference on the 17th by sweeping the dust to flatten it and get rid of any rubbish. Not long after passing through there we stopped at a place where 10,000 year old rock art had been done. There were a lot of different images including snakes, kangaroos, fish and people.
Army vehicles
Eventually we reached Kabulwarnamyo where we were met by J + P who started this outstation a long time ago. They let us use their drop toilet and shower. We stayed in the camp of a linguist. I was quite impressed by the set-up. Each 'house' was a raised floorboard area under a big green canvas with a tent on the floorboards. J + P even had a double bed, a library, and wireless internet! After setting up we took a walk down to the waterhole where L + H had a swim. Poor F has massive vesicles on her feet and ankles that are 1cm in diameter due to sandfly bites. For tea we had Mexican wraps which were yummy. R + I then went to J + P's to go to the loo where we met their dog with a big haematoma + a friend J with his dog Bundy who was very friendly and tried to sit on my lap. We headed to bed around 9pm dog tired (sorry about the pun...) but I couldn't really sleep as H was snoring and kept sticking his elbow into my head!
Liverpool River