Back to Kunbarllanjnja

Kunbarllanjnja (Oenpelli) Travel Blog

F's bone fish
Gave Advantix and Ivomec out in the morning and then set off for the nearby billabong. We stayed there until 3pm and had both morning tea and lunch there. It was very relaxing and I tried my hand at fishing with a line + lure, and finding mussels. I caught no fish but a lot of reeds with my lure (!), but F caught a bone fish, D a saratoga, and H very nearly caught a whopping great barramundi. Mussel finding was more successful - you just sift the sand right at the riverbank through your hands. The army blokes made a fire + cooked them in the coals - when they pop open they're ready to be eaten. The smaller ones they didn't cook and instead used as bait for fishing. Fishing was very relaxing, probably because I didn't catch anything! At 3pm we headed off on the journey to Kunbarllanjnja, where we arrived about 1.5hrs later. We settled back into the guesthouse where I shared a room with R + J (from AMRRIC) who was to arrive on Monday. We all had lovely showers and had rice with mince, rehydrated peas, corn and beans for dinner. Worked out our plan for the next day, chucked some washing on, then headed to bed.
Fs bone fish