Getting ready for Edmonton

Kelowna Travel Blog

Heather and I during my visit

So, I have been in Kelowna since I left Yellowknife on the 14th of December. It was pretty scary quitting my job and leaving the town I know and love so much, but it is changing. There are too many drug addicts roaming the downtown streets. I used to stroll the side walks or walk into a bar and know so many people. I guess thats what happens as you get older! THINGS CHANGE

Anyways, I just needed to make a major decision in the direction my life was heading so I find myself here. My dad and step mother, Patricia, live here in Kelowna so it is usually my jumping off point. I got to see some family for christmas which was nice.

I also went out to Pitt Meadows to see my mom and step dad for a week and a half after Christmas.

My birthday Pie! Mmmm Pie!
Spent New Year's and my birthday there. Pretty low key, but nice. My mom made me the yummiest apple pie! And then I went out to Vancouver and saw my friends Heather and Jed. I hadn't seen Jed in like 7 years and Heather in probably 4. It was the most awesome birthday present and I think we all had fun - I know I did! Planted a seed in my brain... maybe I will end up in Vancouver (which is also my birthplace) after my travels are through. For a while anyway, it's a great city, and lots of stuff to point my camera at!

I leave for Emonton in 3 days to stay with Patricia's cousin Karen until sometime in March. I am sure it will be a blast with Karen, her 3 dogs and her 83 year old mother Doreen, who has alzheimer's. I will have lots of funny stories to tell. I'm also getting my eye's fixed while in edmonton. No more waking up blind! Yippeee! Ok I am scared shitless but it will totally be worth it...

My dad leaves tomorrow morning for Iqaluit, Nunavut for 2.5 months for a work contract. I am trying to persuade him he should meet me in Peru in April! I am sure he will need some sun shine after that. We will have to see I guess.

Thats all for now, pretty boring, I know. But I am sure things will get more exciting soon....

My birthday Pie!
Mmmm Pie!
My birthday Pie! Mmmm Pie!
Kelowna