Some odd and hysterical facts on the road

Missouri Travel Blog

Asian Girl Fetish

I felt much better after having my breakfast, but it’s time to go. My first itinerary was to visit The Laura Ingalls-Wilder Museum and Historic Home, which was in Mansfield, about a few miles east from the inn. When I was checking out and picking up a couple of stuff from their gift shop, the innkeeper’s wife chatted with me. She said her husband and she had 7 boys and one baby girl. The oldest son was 29, and all the boys lived outside their home working. She also told me unassumingly that one of their boys ‘had a thing with girls like me.’ At first, I wasn’t sure what she was talking about, then I asked her whether that meant her son liked Asian girls. She said yes. So, she went on detailing how Jim, or was it Tom (?), loved to befriend an Asian girl whenever he saw one and talked to her. She said that it’s a good thing that Jim/Tom, had not known I was staying in their guestroom last night. She added that he would have come right over and visited with me and kept me up all night.

I thought the innkeeper’s wife’s story about her son’s attraction to Asian girls was hysterical. Just another aspect I learned while road tripping the area and getting a taste of local chat. It was a funny conversation, and I didn’t get offended by her statement at all. In fact, I was pretty amused by it. I just didn’t overanalyze anything out of it, and it made me smile all the way to Mansfield just thinking about it.