I WANT MY SKIRT BURNED AND CRISPY

Sacramento Travel Blog

IMing EACH OTHER IN THE SAME ROOM HAHAHA

SEE ERIN'S VERSION HERE.....

Today was a kick back day. We hung out locally. Since, Erin had the “blue screen” of death. We had to take her work lappy to have it restored. It was about 8am when Erin woke me up. I did not want to wake up.  I joined her downstairs to upload my photos and quickly to do a food review from yesterday.  Erin plans to go to squeeze inn, is listed on the Guy Fieri’s diners, drive-in and dives show. The cupcake place she has been talking about and BIG SPOON YOGURT. These are for sure on the list to do today. Everything else is secondary HAHAHA.

Between all these foodie adventures, I have been sending photos via celly to Julie (pinchora), Lisa (lisabrook21), Julz (mzjulz85), John (jpchoi), Melissa (melissa919).

HMMM CHEESE SKIRTS
I have a food photo war with Julie. She started it and so far I am beating her HAHAHA.

We finally arrived at squeeze inn, after driving up and down the street for 30mins looking for parking we finally got a spot. We had to unfortunately wait outside in the heat. I knew it will be worth the wait and the drive. While we were waiting outside, we were chatting with the locals. I told them I came all the way from VEGAS to eat here.

Finally after 20mins, we were inside. We now know why they call the dive, SQUEEZE INN. There are a row of stools about 10. The smell of meat and cheese was making my very hungry.  Erin and I had another foodie adventure today. However, today it was a DESSERT day. Erin and I need save room.  We plan to share a cheese burger.

OMG the cheese was hanging off the burger.

TO ANGEL :)
There was only one guy cooking and the rest are women.  Shortly thereafter, there were 2 seats available. While we were waiting for our order, we were looking at everyone’s order.  WOW double squeeze with cheese and a huge size of FRESH FRIES!!!! Phew glad we ordered the squeeze with cheese burger.  We burger arrived. OMG the cheese is the best part of the burger. We discovered it is called a “cheese skirt” one of the locals requested EXTRA CHEESE SKIRT.  WOW ok I shall order that next time.

Erin and I inhaled that half of squeeze with cheese. Of course I had the time to send a pix txt to my “foodie” group.  Meat and cheese is a match made in heaven.  Hehehehe!!!  We did not order the fries or onion rings. I am sure those are huge too.

SEE REVIEW BELOW.

Alright now off to CUPCAKE CRAVING.  It was in the same city. Oh geez so glad we only ate half of a burger. On the way there, Erin wanted to show me the city during the day. She also made plans to go dancing later that evening. Since there was no place to sit in the cupcake place, erin had an idea to show me old Sacramento. It was such a nice day to grab a bench and to inhale cupcakes HEHEHEHE. I got my sugar free chocolate cupcake and Erin ordered a lemon meringue cupcake SEE REVIEW BELOW.

Off to old Sacramento, we ate our cupcakes near the main street. We were near a costume store. It was heaven for me. I was looking for a new Halloween costume and I needed ideas. This is one of the most stocked and most selections I have ever seen. I wish there was one like it in vegas.  We took photos of course.

OLD TOWN SAC
Erin bought some shoes.  I loved the vampire section.  Then we walked across the street,  I spotted a Hollywood movie store.  There was a small gallery of Disney, peanuts, and others. Erin was in heaven. She found pooh photo which she needed to frame. I found more silly photo opts.

Then we walked down the street and we saw a wooden buffalo near the ice cream store called buffalo ice cream. We took more silly photos with it and of it. I of course sent it via celly to Julie since she is a buffalo wings and ice cream expert. Unfortunately, when we walked to Erin’s car, she received a parking ticket for parking on an expired meter.  However, we did not know we parked on a metered curb. Erin was not happy. Eeeeeeeek $30 ticket!!!!

Erin felt bad.

HAHAHAHA
I know what will cheer her up, is going to BIG SPOON FROZEN YOGURT. YAY!!!! That will make me happy too.  That was pretty much our dinner. I was happy to have sugar free vanilla, chocolate syrup with almonds, graham crackers, and cinnamon. SOOOOOOOOO EFFING GOOD!!!!! BEST FRO YO IN SACROMENTO!!! We still have enough time to change and get ready to go clubbing.

As always we took photos of each other before we left. Erin had a meetup group at a club in midtown. Then we found out that Erin did not add my last name to the guest list. I had to pay $10 to get in. I am sorry MELANIE never pays to get in a club. No club Is worth it. I did not care where to go. I am just a tourist. Erin ended up calling her friend, Rick to hang with us. We picked him up at his house and we were off to a bar/lounge called Hurley’s.  We hang out and ate their overpriced snacks. Erin ordered fried mac and cheese and I ordered fried beef brisket rolls.

DON'T ASK :P

There was plenty of eye candy in the room. There was one guy was goofball a married goofball a MARRIED DRUNK GOOFBALL. He kept saying I was HOTT. He kept dancing and shaking his bum. Erin, Rick and I were entertained the whole night.  It was about 12am so much drunken people in one area. I HAD NO GOOSE TOO!!!!  i am so not in the mood to drink.  Erin and rick wanted to go to BAR QUE, which is a billiards bar. We hung out some more until it closes. We all just talked about relationships and travels.

PHEW what a looooooooooong day.  I was looking forward to Saturday. I get to see my cousin, Lee again, my brother, Ira, and of course Julz. Erin also mentioned invited, Trino (jtrinog) as well.

US :)
OMG I NEED SLEEP.  More food to inhale YAY!!!! We are going to hang out In SF!!!!!

WOOHOO DAY 2 FOOD ADVENTURE: MISSION 2 CLEAR & I CAN WAIT TO SEE JULZ!!!!

poohstanggt says:
What a fun day.......except for my dang parking ticket! LOL. I forgot about the goofy married guy!!!
Posted on: Aug 25, 2008
IMing EACH OTHER IN THE SAME ROOM …
IMing EACH OTHER IN THE SAME ROOM…
DONT ASK :P
FRIED BRISKET ROLLS
FRIED BRISKET ROLLS
ME, RICK AND ERIN
ME, RICK AND ERIN
ERIN AND I WERE THINKING OF HIJACK…
ERIN AND I WERE THINKING OF HIJAC…
DID NOT HAVE A CHANCE
MEOW
SACTO
SACTO
BEST BURGERS IN SACTO
If you are a FOOD NETWORK fan and watch Guy Fieri's show drive in's, diners, and dives. this is one of them he visited. erin and i pulled up on a … read entire review
MOST YUMMY CUPCAKES
This was established in 2007. erin had this review featured. she has been wanting me to try there cupcakes. after squeeze inn, we headed to have d… read entire review
BEST FORZEN YOGURT IN SACTO
OMG just one of the best. the largest of candy toppings, dry toppings, fruit toppings i have ever seen. it is .35 cent an ounce. there is only one… read entire review
Sacramento