Time to Head West

Chantilly Travel Blog

my breakfast
Up before 7 this morning, I was still grateful that this was sleeping in compared to a usual Friday.  Unfortunately, I had grabbed the wrong bag out of my trunk the night before, so when I went down to get breakfast, I first made a detour to my car.
They had a nice variety of food for breakfast and plenty of seating.  Only a few people were actually getting breakfast right at the moment, but the food was also spread out at several different counters so even during the busier times, it would be easier to fill a plate.  I took my breakfast back up to the room for some quiet time.  I rearranged my bags to make sure I had my spare clothes easily accessible.  The weather forecast was calling for cold and wet.  I get chilled easily so I had bought several hand warmers from Wal Mart earlier in the week and had brought along gloves, my winter coat, a hat, and a scarf.  I also had a rain jacket and umbrella to fend off the rain.  However, I also had a complete change of clothes including shoes and several extra pairs of socks.  I have learned the hard way that being wet and cold is a great way to be miserable and possibly get sick, so I was taking no chances and being as prepared as I could think.
Back on the road, I retraced my path to I-66W.  As I drove away from DC, I could see the heavy traffic heading eastbound and was grateful yet again that my commute did not involve bumper-to-bumper traffic.  I don't think I have the patience to deal gracefully with that daily.
Chantilly