After a Long Day

Chantilly Travel Blog

With no work on Friday, I was determined to finally see Shenandoah National Park in the fall.  However, I did not want to put in all the necessary driving in one day, so I booked a room on the opposite side of DC.
So after a day of teaching (classroom time was shortened since we had our pep rally for Homecoming Week--it was in the auditorium and as usual, was loud!), an hour of watching the cross country team until their coach could arrive, an hour of Spanish I curriculum work, and an hour of fan cleaning at Camp Wabanna, I headed onto the DC beltway.  At 9:00 at night the traffic wasn't bad.  In fact the only part of the drive where I had difficulty was at the very end when I missed the drive for the Hampton.  (In my defense the road was not a major one.)
Once inside the hotel (the automatic door didn't open at first for me), I checked in without problems and took the elevator up to my room.  I had never stayed in a hotel room by myself before (only one other trip by myself and then I stayed in a hostel) and was definitely happy with the room.  It had ample space for me and was warm (with temperatures dropping significantly this week, I appreciated this fact).
I watched a little bit of a baseball game, showered, and then called it a night.
Chantilly Hotels & Accommodations review
Decent hotel
I used to book this hotel ($49 plus about $12 in taxes/fees), so while I didn't personally choose the Hampton, I was definitely satisfied … read entire review
photo by: Andy99