Old London Town - 1st entry

London Travel Blog

the sisters - alana, claire and me downing the vodka shots

I have finally arrived in London! After a year of weird food, weird people (I mean the other travellers), weird sights, and weird ways I am back in the Western World, missing the weird and wonderful times I had inLatin America. I was definitely culture shocked on arrival�. taking the toilet paper out of the bag was hard, as was being able to ask anyone questions in english (though "gracias" and "donde esta" was always on the tip of my tongue)the ability to carry credit cards and mobile phones without constantly expecting to be robbed. I traded in the hiking boots and thongs for boots and heels.

Like many other Aussies I arrived in Heathrow laden with backpacks and heading for a share house of Kiwis and Aussies, with the token Italian, for my first place to doss.

the russian feast. me and alana
And last (I felt way to comfortable and welcome to move on. Thanks Alana! And Row "mum", Dave "grumpy grandpa", Charl and Luca. My lil sis, Alana, has been here for a year and put me up. In a house! With a TV, couches, only one other person sharing the room (not the normal 8 I was used to in dorms), a stocked kitchen, and big family style meals. Home.

And the food�.. mm mm mmm. Here inLondonI no longer crave Indian food and need to wait over a month to find that Indian restaurant. A huge priority was my stomach on arrival, so I have put on thatLondontum that I was warned about. Yum cha, Vietnamese, thai, sushi, Italian feast courtesy of Luca and a Russian feast! Alana and my cousin Cara referred back to our Babushkas and started cooking up a storm � sakuska, gulopskty, borscht, and of course vodka � shots from paper espresso cups stolen from the local cafe - claaaaaaaassssssy! - "Nostorovia!!"

the sisters - alana, claire and me…
the sisters - alana, claire and m…
the russian feast.