Reception dinner-Fleur de Lys,Mandalay Bay Hotel and Resort

Las Vegas Travel Blog

Our limousine ride was waiting for us outside the hotel where the ceremony was held. Driver of the limo still has to drive us back to Mandalay Bay Hotel and Resort, where the dinner reception will be. The newly wed, was asked to sign some documents before we could all leave so we have to wait for both of them.Having said that, Christina, Maria and I decided to grab a drink at the bar and take it with us. Only in Vegas you can walk around with an alcohol in your hand.

The couple chose Fleur de Lys for their reception. A french cuisine,very elegant and a bit expensive. There were only eleven of us in the group. The best man, who's name is Jonathan had to leave before the reception  due to a family emergency.Our table was  ready when we arrived  and  set up  almost in the middle  which was  kind of nice,  cuz you get to see the the entire  restaurant.
bride and her father in law
Almost like a  private,cabana like setting.

The server introduced himself to us and gave us a little bit of inservice on how the three, four or five courses works. All i was thinking was, well is it cheaper just to get an entree'? I feel bad, i dont want to take advantage, the fact that it's a free meal.He then gave us the wine menu and choose which wine we would prefer for our meal. I had  a glass of  red cabernet from the bar prior to the reception and was hoping to get the same but since the father of the groom decided which one to get, and seems to know what's best, he opted for the Pinot Noir.Hmmm..i can handle that, i never care for Pinot, but i think i'm going to try again this time. Tasted the wine and was so smooth! a taste of cherry/fruity like and very light but well balanced,not too heavy.
the reception

I had the prime ribeye  steak and substituted my other greens with sauteed spinach which perfectly goes with my Pinot, everyone or at least majority ordered the slow roast king alaskan salmon with parmesan, herb crusted with lemon and capers. i had the three courses, so i had the lobster with greens to go along with my dinner plus a choice of dessert.My best friend and i tried both souffle's for the dessert, chocolate and pistaccio's and were both very YUMMY and was rediculously rich!

Their Dad needs to catch a taxi cab to get to the airport and  catch a  fly back to LA in less than twenty minutes so he whisperedly asked the server to get the check ready.Both couple were stunned because they werent expecting him to pick up the tab for our dinner.
Next thing we knew he pulled out his black amex and gave it to the server.Son was surprised but Esther was even more surprised.I was not surprised though! I sensed that he was going to pay. This man lives in Beverly Hills! He said good night to the couple and to all of us and took off!

We all decided to leave as well, some wanted to play the machine and the roullette and other's just wants to hang out. Girls sat at bar/lounge and just listen to the music. Esther and I went to dance a little bit. We said good night to the couple and headed back to our hotel, it was almost two then. Tomorrow will definitely a girls night out.

Sheila_0808 says:
yup girl! Husband's a lawyer and his fams a bigwigs!he gave them both fifty grand as their wedding gift! but dont tell anyone hehehe!
Posted on: Aug 12, 2008
jenn79 says:
Dang I don't know ANYONE with a Black Amex! I thought that was reserved for movie stars and political bigwigs!! =D
Posted on: Aug 12, 2008