RED ROCKS

Morrison Travel Blog

Welcome

After a great day of visiting with friends, I headed up I-70 towards Glenwood and decided to make a stop into Red Rocks.

If you know the group U2, you may know Red Rocks. Red Rocks is a natural amphitheater nestled in the Rocky Mountains outside of Denver in Jefferson County. I loved the drive back to Colorado for the weekend. As I said before, it brought back so many memories of the life I truly enjoyed. Red Rocks Park was one of those places that we not only went to watch a good concert, but a place that we would often ride bikes, hike or just sit and watch the sun set over Denver. This weekend I just took some time to drive around and take some photos. The landscape is so natural and colorful. Every view seems to juxtapose the next. Rugged, to soft, bland to bright, dead to alive, smooth to rough, tranquil to vibrant. So much to see and take in within the couple of hours I spent here today.  I don’t think these few pictures do justice, so if you want more history and information, check out the website: www.redrocksonline.com. There is so much great information there. You can plan a wedding, graduation or just hang out. It‘s wonderful.

entering into the park