Day Three

Montreal Travel Blog

Today I took a bike tour that the hostel offered.  For only $20 I was able to rent a bike and a slightly annoying tour guide and see much more of this city than I thought possible!  We started in Old Town and from there made our way along the Old Pier (I promise not everything in this city has been designated 'old').  I am happy to report that the Farine Five Roses sign is still standing.  We then stopped off at Atwater Market, which I highly recommend if, like me, you are a sucker for fresh produce.  I bought some berries and tried cerises de terre.  I had never seen these before and they are very good!  Kind of tropical tasting, in my opinion.  Does anyone know what these are called in English?

From there we made our way to Parc Jean Drapeau, which is on an island in the middle of the St. Laurent river (St. Laurence for you anglophiles out there).  I would have taken more pictures if it weren't for the newly christened Monsieur Depeche-Toi who kept telling us slow-pokes to hurry the hell up.  I told him not to worry about me and that I would find my way back and turn in the bike, but he wouldn't hear of it.  Quelle enervant!

We then made our way to the racetrack and next to the biodome.  It was all very fun and interesting, and I hope to return to explore the area more in depth, but there is so much to see in this city!  I am sure there is a map of the bike route somewhere online.  As soon as I find it, I will post the link.

After we returned to the bike rental place, we were given the option to keep the bike until 8pm.  I was exhausted, so I went ahead and turned mine back in and just walked the length of the pier to the Canal La Chine, then turned and walked back to the hostel.

Another incredibly eventful day!
Montreal