Where to go in Dusseldorf - my experiences

Dusseldorf Travel Blog

I went to Dusseldorf this weekend and this is where I went and what I did (I enjoyed it all!).

Me and my friend stayed at the Ibis Hauptbahnhof. It's located IN the central station, so ideal if you're traveling by train. We went by car, parked it in a parkhaus for 20 euro's (1,5 day), on saturday's after 16h and sunday's it's free. The hotel is really basic, clean and I would go there a second time! We were to late for breakfast (our own fault) but got it anyway, there's free internet and good service!

Shopping is great in de Schadowstrasse, Koningsallee and Altstad. Don't miss Galeria Kaufhoff. We also went to the Rhein Tur(m?) for 3,40, with really great views of the city, made a boattrip on the Rhein (7,20 euro's/h), went into the Lambertus-church.

We ate at Vapiano, an italian restaurant at crossroads Koningstrasse and Blumenstrasse. You get a kind of creditcard, order your meal (we ate good pizza's!) and receive a kind of apparate that buzzes when your pizza is ready so you can get it at the counter. When you leave, your card is scanned and you pay! Low prices (my pizza with rucola and parmesan cheese was 6,50), good atmosphere and unique! At night we went to the bars at the Rheinpromenade.

When the weather is good, you can sit at the promenade in the sun, like we did. We also went to the Aquazoo, somewhere to the north. It was really crowdy (lots of little kids), but it was interested anyway. Costs 4 euro's for students. It's a mix of a zoo and an aquarium. Most of it is aquaria with different kinds of fish. Parking is 1,50 for 3 hours.