Too sunny to be from Ireland!

Kesh Travel Blog

Sunday, June 10, 2007

So this is it: from now on every day will be the last. Today is the last Sunday. Yesterday wasn't the last Saturday, but it was the last full Saturday and last change to go somewhere properly with my host family. Sharon had a flight this morning to Finland (yes, that's right!) with Ryanair and she's going to be there for whole week until Friday for some work. She is going to come back on Friday night and then my host family will drive me to the Dublin airport on Saturday.

But to take the advantage of yesterday Sharon, Clare and me drove all the way to County Antrim in north and visited Giant's Causeway. Giant's Causeway is some form of natural miracle, there are hundreds of stones with this shape and no-one actually knows how they have developed.

But non the less, the place was packed with tourists and on a day like yesterday (about 20+ celsius) it is too warm and too full. But it's nice, I really liked it. It's amasing and even I hadn't never heard about it before I came I so wanted to see it before I go. And the day was nice as well. As I said, warm, but everything looks so nice when it's sunny. Like, on the way back home we drove through Portrush and stopped to Portsteward to have some lunch and both of the villages were like from somewhere Mediterranian. Too sunny to be from Ireland!

- Katriina