Kassiopi Travel Blog

This has been a great morning... Got up late, went for a swim, had breakfast, then watched a dumb show on MTV about a camp for fat teenagers for a few minutes.  Serious vegetation.  Just what I need!  But, it's the last day with the rental car so I need to get off my butt and enjoy this opportunity! We decide to head north - 1st stop Kassiopi.  It seems even hotter than the previous days, and humid... sticky... It's funny, it's so hot but the water feels so cold.  When we got to Kassiopi we easily found parking on the main street through the town and walked along the street towards the sea.  This is definitely a tourist zone - a lot of little temporary or seasonal looking shops selling t-shirts, "authentic"(?) handicrafts, suntan lotion, sunglasses.
.. The little town is pretty though, as we walk toward the sea you can see that there is a little inlet where boats can come in and tie off.  And all along the little beach there are houses and some cafés.  It's a little sleepy and calm in the heat.  There aren't even any people in the water...  We wander some more, take some pictures... but frankly there's not a whole lot to see.  I see a café and we sit there drinking something cold... As I sit there I decide that we've just about seen it all, I must have driven around this island 5 times by now!  I'm tired of driving - this afternoon will be a "beach, pool, finish-my-book afternoon."  We make it back to the hotel in time for a late lunch.  The afternoon was fantastic...
photo by: boxinbcn