Day 1 - unwind...

Nissaki Travel Blog

My goal today is just to relax and forget about everything at home.  So I headed for the beach. The water is beautiful, crystal clear, and there are many fishes swimming around.  It's a little cooler than I expected, so the best way to get in is to jump off a dock at the beach.  I like it better all at once!

I spent most of the morning swimming and reading.  There is a dining area by a pool on a deck above the beach.  We went there for lunch.  I like this all inclusive thing...  Feel like a beer?  Get a beer!  Feel like ice cream?  Go for it! Of course, it takes some self control and moderation or you'd end up with a terrible hangover and none of your clothes would fit you after the third day!

We decided to rent a car and found a good offer for four days.

Wandering around Nissaki
  I found that you have to be a little careful in these resort places when it comes to car rental.  They often have some really good offers posted but when you ask about it it turns out that "those cars are all rented out" and what they end up trying to sell you is a lot more expensive.  Kind of a bait and switch tactic!  Not good.  Anyhow, we found a satisfactory deal and will have the car tomorrow.  I got out my guidebooks and maps and asked for some recommendations as to where to go.  Tomorrow we'll get started with our discovery of Corfu.

After lunch, we spent the afternoon at the pool and then took a walk around Nissaki taking some pictures.  It's a pretty place.

boxinbcn says:
There were a few car rental places close to the hotel. I compared a couple and took the one that seemed best. It worked out great - a little Citroen that took us all over the place - and had air conditioning (it was really hot)!
Posted on: Aug 29, 2008
sylviandavid says:
Sounds like a good day... did you find your car online or visit a rental agency..... sylvia
Posted on: Aug 28, 2008