Sedona & Slide Rock

Sedona Travel Blog

From the time we left Montezuma Castle, Sedona was about maybe 20-30 minutes away. I love the drive from around corners to all of a sudden the beauty of the Red Rocks...   so amazing how nature can form this sight. Native americans believe that this area is holy and have many stories of how they believe the rocks were formed and what it stands for. Pretty much all areas of N. Az have stories to be told about them, but what area doesn't?
We quickly drove through the downtown Sedona area just driving around leisurely...  Liz was tempted to stop by a few spa's since i told her that there were a few good ones in town. But we were already of a time limit... I felt kind of bad - "NEXT TIME" were the only words I could offer.

.. = (
We ventured to what is called SLIDE ROCK - slide down a slick natural water chute or wade and sun along the creek. So since it being out of season naturally it was cold and no one around. There were a few visitors besides us that wondered around the creek. We walked through the park taking pictures of old machinery and the surrounding natural beauty, then ventured closer to the actually creek that people like sliding on. The term SLIDE ROCK is pretty correct, there were a couple times I ended up standing on the wet rock and it being so slippery almost ended up falling in... Liz found that out to be so hiliarious...  I thought it would be awesome to try it out - even though I would probably freeze...
A couple of photo shots later and some talking/laughing at me almost falling in again, it was about that time to get back on the road...

Sedona