No Sunrise?!? Bummer... = (

Monument Valley Travel Blog

may you walk in beauty

So the wish of Liz seeing the sunrise at Monument Valley was shot down early... since its a park it doesn't open till 8am... so it was a definate bummer!!  I am not a early morning riser anywho - so it was not a problem for me, poor Liz told me she was up early again. It sure must be tough for her, I can only imagine how Brett must of felt... = )
When I talked to Liz, she had already had breakfast and pretty much ready to go, just needed to get packed and we were out of there. I went to the lobby and was amazed, this place really was trying to capture the whole SouthWest native american theme... even the people who worked there were in traditional clothing. I "tried" to communicate with them, but sadly I am not fluent in my own language.

.. sad I know.
After I ate and loaded the car we were off... a lil wind added to the chill.. so I was already cold...!! The sacrifices I make for you Liz.. = )
MV was about a 15 mile drive north of kayenta.. nice quiet drive. Once we got there, I got in free for being indian, we had to pay for Liz - another 5 bucks. But definately worth it. It looks like they are in process of building a hotel at the overlook of MV - which is ABOUT TIME! Maybe I should apply and have all the TB's stay there... = )   but maybe in time..
We met some nice indians who tried to sell us their MV trip which cost about 60 bucks a person, we didn't bite - instead we went inside the gift shop. Bought some water and looked at the interesting items... good stuff - Liz would make any chief happy.. = )
Then we took my G6 and ventured on the road through MV, it was bumpy and definately regret not having a bigger vehicle with more clearance... = )    but we survived and enjoyed the many stops and took some amazing photos...  I am sure her and I will remember this trip for years to come. Atleast until NEXT TIME...!!

Quest says:
you're right, my friend.. it certainly was a trip to remember.. :o)
Posted on: Jun 16, 2009