Beautiful Grand Canyon Sunrise!!

Grand Canyon Travel Blog

Waking up for it was the hard part!!
Just WOW... well worth the waking up part... it was amazing... sure I was half awake cold and just wanted to roll back into bed. But NO! had to do it...
We paid the toll, can't remember how much it was - too half awake.. = )   after such I figured we would drive and find a nice suitable place. But I missed what seemed a great place since I didn't think of other canyon walls getting in the way of the view of our sunrise.. = (  sorry Liz, accept my apologies...
We also got a special treat when we saw an animal once we first parked... i honestly don't know what it was. It was funny since Liz was telling me to do an indian dance to attract the animals - then BAM!! there one was... since it was too dark she couldn't use her flash since she was scared to scare it off.
..  it seemed she followed that animal like a few hundred feet till she gave up. lol   but then we found a suitable site and it looks like we were late, there was already mounds of people already set up and comfortable with their blankets and holding one another ( I wish Liz could of held me to keep me warm, BUT NO!! ). What was funny there was a small group who looked unprepared... just wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts poor kids... lol  Then came the time... the sun was slowly peaking up and then everyone has ready, seemed to happen so fast... but yeah in the end I am happy that I got to share that moment with Liz... another special moment... = )
Liz waiting for her sunrise... = )
Liz waiting for her sunrise... = )
Grand Canyon