Viva Las Vegas

Las Vegas Travel Blog

Xscream

All I can say is WOW!!!  This city has an energy of it's own.  We stayed at the Straosphere Hotel. I'll have a review on it.  You can park in their garage, which cost nothing. We checked in and made our way thru the live music, card tables, and slot machines to the elevators. Up to the 15th flloor.  The room was nothing to brag about but it was cool and the beds and pillows were comfortable. We cleaned up after visiting the Hoover Dam and headed up to the top of the Stratosphere to try out a few of their extreme rides. It cost $10.00 dollars for the elevator ride to the top and another $12.00 for each ride. You gotta ride XSCREAM.  It's like riding a seesaw off the edge of a building...crazy but fun.  After all that we took a Starbucks coffee break, which was well need since we had both been up since 4:00am.

CHER Tickets

We head back down to our room took showers and changed our clothes for the main event...CHER in concert!!!

Instead of driving we took a taxi to the Colosseum, Caesars Palace. We were their within 20 minutes.  I had bought the tickets back in April.  Caesars is so beautiful inside. So much of everything!!  The show started at 8.00pm and was sold out.  There was a lot of family there..you know what I mean if your family...lol.  The show was spectacular, fabulous and just damn good. She sung all her big hits and did a tribute to Sony.  She sung "I Got You Babe" and everyone sang along.  There where acrobatic performers throughout the show and the special effects were outstanding.  Veags does everything in such style!!!!

Afterwards we hit the buffet in Caesars.

Me
.it was awesome.  prime rib, shrimp, beef broccoli stir fry, salads, desserts, and a lot more.  Another thing that I noticed was all the cigarette smoke. Florida has an Indoor Clean Air Law, meaning that there is no smoking indoors. That was taking sometime getting used to that.

Our stomachs were full so we headed back to the hotel.  Believe it or not we did not play any slot machines.  We were so tired!!!

At 10:30 at night it was still 97 degrees on the Las Vegas strip....crazy dry heat.

Our flight left Sunday morning.  We both have to be at work on Monday.  There will be another trip out to Las Vegas when we both can spend a lillte more time in SIN CITY!!!

The flight back was different. We flew Vegas, Chicago, Tampa.  At the Vegas airport, people were laid out on the floor waiting for the plane.  There were a lot of people that looked like they had never slept, never took a shower, and drank all weekend.  Don't get me wrong, I like to have a good time to but???

After all the fun we will have to deal with Tropical Storm FAY.....AHHHHH!!!!!  The damn thing won't DIE!!!

Fabulous Las Vegas
Fabulous Las Vegas
Mike and Me at the Stratosphere
Mike and Me at the Stratosphere
Mike
Mike
Las Vegas Hotels & Accommodations review
Stratosphere
It was my first visit to Vegas and my main reason for visiting the Stratosphere was for the rides up top.....good or bad?? If you park in the garage … read entire review
3,198 km (1,987 miles) traveled