Last day in Langkawi :(

Langkawi Travel Blog

In the cable car

Luckily for me, my friend Omar was nice enough to take the day off work and show me around.. and luckily for both of us, check out wasnt until 12! We made the most of our sleep in thats for sure!
I had decided to hire a car for the day since then i could bring my backpack with me and not have to worry about leaving it somewhere. So Omar volunteered to be my driver for the day... on the condition that i buy him KFC for lunch... man i swear when he was eating his KFC he was like a little kid at Christmas haha.

So first stop was the ATM, then KFC. We then went up on the cable cars to the second highest mountain in Langkawi (my instincts tell me Omar has been a tourguide for many people (i assume girls lol) as he knew all there was to know and didnt miss a thing!).

The "smiley" town
It was raining a little bit on the way to the cable cars, but by the time we got there the sun was out and shining again and i thank the lord i remembered to put sunscreen on!!

The view from the cable car was awesome... the photos really dont do it justice, but it was just beautiful... Once at the top we could walk down a little bit to a bridge which also had amazing views, you could see out to some of the islands of thailand. The walk to the bridge was great... until we had to go back... uphill... haha i certainly worked off a few of those drinks from the night before!

After the cable car we headed to a nice waterfall where i saw my first wild monkey... scared the shit out of me too!!

We drove around the whole island just talking and stopping at a few beaches etc.

Beautiful blue water
It was cool talking with Omar, he had so many interesting things to tell me about, i couldve just drove around listening to him all day! We stopped at a shopping centre and got some corn in a cup, then headed back home. We went back to the chillout cafe and had some dinner and a few drinks and watched another awesome sunset. It was time to go, and Omar decided that instead of me catching a cab to the airport, he would take me on his bike... so on i get with my big backpack and off we went. I think the only reason Omar wanted to come to the airport was cos of the massage chairs... must agree though that they were pretty good!!! So we said our goodbyes and with a frown I hopped on my plane back to KL..

Langkawi was a big surprise, and if i could do it all again, i wouldve spent the whole holiday there... it was true paradise...

mgradwell says:
As a person who intends to travel to Langkawi in April 2010, I thank you for your input. Cheers my dear ;0)
Posted on: Nov 27, 2009
Stigen says:
Nice going ! featured blog ! that's quite impressive seeing that there are a few thousand ones here !
Posted on: Nov 19, 2008
sleepingsunshine says:
Hey! Glad that you had a good time in Langkawi. I am from Malaysia and it takes only 1 hour to reach Langkawi from my hometown. I used to go there when I was in Malaysia. Your blog brings back a lot of good memories! :)
Posted on: Nov 19, 2008
Me at the top
Me at the top
Monkey eating from the bin
Monkey eating from the bin
Waterfall... it hadnt rained much.…
Waterfall... it hadnt rained much…
Omar chillin on the beach