Back in KL... feels like home

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

Me and Paul

I arrived back in KL early sat morning. My friend JD has missed me so much that he came all the way to the airport and waited for me.

I woke up at about midday on saturday and wandered over the rd to the bars where i knew i would find my friend Paul and his housemate.
We sat in "The green man" for most of the day as it was raining, so just exchanged some stories and talked about times back home in Melbourne.

After a little nap, that night the 3 of us went to a thai restaurant for one of their friends birthdays. It was a diverse mix of people since they were all friends from their local bar, so a mix of expats, travellers and locals. It was a nice dinner, but I left at about 10:30 to go and meet JD.

We went out to the reggae bar in chinatown which was pretty cool.

Me Danny and Paul
.. not as many people as I was expecting though for something thats recommended in the lonely planet! But i was loving the music, so we hung out there until close. As it was closing, JD ran into a friend of his who was heading to a club called DV8, so we jumped in the car and went with him. The club was ok, but as it was close to closing time there werent many people there... so we eventually left and headed back to a hotel we had got for the night. On the way we stopped to get a cheeseburger (my ultimate after drinking food) only to find that breakfast menu in malaysia starts at like 4am!! Not 6am like at home... So we ended up getting some breakfast and taking it back to the room to eat.

My second last day in KL was spent hung over and napping on the couch.

Tiger beer
Although i did do a KFC run which drained all of my energy and effort... carrying an umberalla, 3 drinks in cups and 2 bags of food along with my handbag when its pissing down with rain isnt the easiest task... specially when you get home and the boys are lying on the couch watching dvds...

Went to the Ceylon bar for dinner and got a good ol sunday roast!! Was sooooooo yum!! Couldnt drink that night, so went home and watched dvds on my laptop until i was so fast asleep i didnt notice i was getting bitten by mozzies all night!

So my last day in KL arrived. I met Paul for lunch to say goodbye (as he had to work) then i met JD at BBPlaza where i did some last minute shopping and said yet another goodbye.
Next up was the most dreaded part of my trip.

Very very very drunk...
.. getting my suitcase and backpack on the monorail by myself at even MORE peak hour than it was when i arrived.. Luckily I had been using pauls travel pack when i went to langkawi and phuket, so this was the first time alone with the nasty suitcase... I could've caught a cab to sentral station, but at that time of day it was much quicker to take the monorail... although it did take me about half an hour just to make it up and down the stairs at the station, no one helped me.. i think they would rather laugh at the funny site instead!
One thing i havent yet mentioned about people in KL... they are VERY PUSHY!!!!!! very impatient people, so i had to do the same. When the monorail came, although it was already pretty much full, i pushed my way on, suitcase and all. I had a few angry looks, but i was so over it by then i didnt care. In the end when the monorail left the station, there were about 3 people basically on top of me and my suitcase, and the rest had their faces pressed agains the glass... fullest monorail i have ever seen!!!!!

At the airport i dig down into my backpack and find the jacket i shoved down there what seemed like such a long time ago. It was time to leave and head home, and it was so so sad to say goodbye.