Hanging out at Kigongoni

Arusha Travel Blog

The next day we finally got to see what Tanzania looked like with sunlight. I was amazed at what I saw. More trees and hills/mountains than I imagined. I had done some research about Tanzania, but not a lot and figured it to be a flat, open area with tall grass and some rolling hills. I was wrong.

We spent the day at the lodge just hanging out and playing cards, basically getting accustomed to being in a new place. The lodge was great. Very spread out with spacious huts as rooms. The rooms had beds, fireplace, bathroom with running water (although you cant drink it, they provide water bottles). The lodge itself had a pool, walking grounds, bar, and computer room. The food they served was good. Coming to Tanzania I didn't know what to expect about the food but they eat very similar to the rest of the world. They do love their vegetables though. But for breakfast they had eggs, potatoes, cereal, etc. Lunch and dinner had a variety of choices from pesto pasta to lamb.

Basically we spent the day walking around the lodge and playing cards. We met some people that were going to be on the safari with us. A relaxing day before all the real adventure begins.
Arusha