Estoril: beach and Cascais

Estoril Travel Blog

Jill enjoying McDonalds

After a few days of conference-going, it was time for a bit of a break.  We took our opportunity to head down to the beach.  The Tamariz beach was beautiful and crowded.  But as I found in Caminha, the water was too cold for my liking.  After a bit of topless sunbathing (an opportunity we Americans can’t pass up), we had lunch on the beach and went back to the hotel to change for some more sightseeing in Cascais.

We decided to walk from Estoril to Cascais, which was a bit of a walk, but was pleasant.  We walked around the area a bit, and not finding too much to do, we decided to make it an American night.  We started with a trip to McDonalds (the conference food was pretty inedible and Jill was dying for something familiar).  And then, we went to the movies.  Jill knew I was dying to see The Dark Knight (I am a huge Batman/Christian Bale fan), and that I would have been at the theater opening night if I had been in the US.  It had just come out in Portugal, so we went to see it (English with Portuguese subtitles).  It felt like a strange thing to do in a foreign country, but we had fun.
Estoril