Barcelona Day 3: rest and relaxation

Barcelona Travel Blog

Fellow TravBuddy peter_austrailia at Font Màgica

After a bit of a late night, Peter and I both agreed to sleep in the next day.  When we met up later in the morning, we decided that since we had done such a good job seeing the sights yesterday, we would do a bit of relaxing in the park.  We grabbed some pitas for lunch and headed over to the Parc de la Ciutadella, for a bit of lounging in the grass.  It was heaven, and judging by the number of other people who were doing it, we weren’t the only ones who thought so.  All of that resting at the park convinced us that we needed a siesta, so we headed back to our hotels.

Peter had met some other tourists earlier in his trip that had suggested seeing La Font Màgica.  Honestly, I hadn’t even heard of it, but we decided to walk over and check it out.

Font Màgica
 The walk was pretty long from Las Ramblas, so I would suggest the metro (Espanya stop).  I think we were both shocked at the number of people that were already in the square waiting for the show to begin (It was perhaps about 8:30 or so?).  We walked around a bit and then found a spot to watch the show.  We watched 2 shows; one set to Disney music, the other to classical.  The display was beautiful and everyone seemed to really enjoy it.

We headed back to Las Ramblas for a little dinner of ham on baguette and said our goodbyes since Peter was leaving early in the morning.  I am sure he already knows, but I had a great time meeting him and really enjoyed our outings together.

Fellow TravBuddy peter_austrailia …
Fellow TravBuddy peter_austrailia…