EuropeFranceLyon

Arrival

Lyon Travel Blog

A hail storm just after arriving at a Hotel de Crequi in Lyon, France (2008)

I had a bit of difficulty getting to Lyon. My flight the previous day from Trondheim, Norway was cancelled and I was literally stuck in Hell for the day (see my blog "So, this is Hell?"). I flew into Paris and took the TGV (French: Train à Grande Vitesse, high-speed train) which was a fairly speedy journey to Lyon I must say. On the way to the hotel the skies began to look rather grim. A short time after my arrival and settling in my room I heard the most incredible noise coming from outside. It turns out there was a hail storm going on. I have a film of it available here. At any rate, the area near the hotel I was staying at had plenty of shops and restaurants around so I would be not for lack of places to dine at. Food in Lyon is quite exceptional anyway so I was sure to have some good dining experiences.

tour_guy says:
Congrats on your featured blog, Brian!
spocklogic says:
Vikram, you should definitely talk to Bernard (Bernard69) too. He is the Lyon Master! He has some good blogs on Lyon as well for sights and cuisine there.
Vikram says:
Congrats Brian, and this comes at a good time as I'm looking at visiting Lyon later this year!
Posted on: Jun 19, 2014
A hail storm just after arriving …
Lyon