Bay of the Dragon Family

Halong Bay Travel Blog

This is the reason why i came to Vietnam. Yup, going to Halong Bay. I've already booked my Halong Bay tour packet only $69.50 in my hostel ( one day before. Gathered around in the lobby, the group has 15 person (including me) plus 1 guide. On 08:30 am, we were move to the bus and left the hostel. It takes about 3 hours to Halong City. At 11:00 we were just stopped by, having a break in the art craft shop and restaurant. I bought 26000 Dong for 1 large bottle of mineral water, they marked up the price (usually 15.000 Dong in Hanoi minimart).
We arrive at the port on 11:40 pm. There's so many ship, the port look busy and and crowded.
Finally, we were sailing to Halong Bay and get our lunch on the oriental ship. They serve us with any kind of seafood and some of vegetables. Its already ate but later the ship crew bring the rice to our table. We pick it up...we try harder it to eat the rice in a plate with chopstick (there is no spoon in our table even they didn't give us a bowl). For the dessert, we get some bread and water melon (this is the breakfast time actually :D). So this is the worst part...they gave us the choice of drinks. We take it what we want. My choice is a can of Mirinda. I drink it. Suddenly, they ask to us to pay the drink. What? Any food is free but we must pay what we drank.'s so tricky isnt it? Yes now you have to put some additional cost in your Halong Bay trip budget about 100.000-300.000 Dong for the drinks (if you bring some vodka or any alcohol drink, you will get an extra charge too).

Halong Bay