Finally in London

London Travel Blog

Waiting for our train in Bath

Ok, this is gonna be short and sweet.  We left Bath this morning on the 1113 train to London Paddington. It was a quick 2 hour ride and it was so nice not having to drive! Took the underground to our hostel, the station is a minute walk from the hostel, so easy to find.  The hostel people were very nice and very talkative, giving us tips and locations to visit.  Dropped our stuff off, we rented lockers for our computers and put our big bags in the luggage room.  We then headed out.  We are within walking distance of most everything and soon we were crossing London Bridge on our way to the Tower of London.

Eight years ago I visited the Tower when I was here with the Iowa Ambassadors of Music tour so it was interesting going back there and knowing what to expect.

Jen & Erika at Tower Bridge
  I made sure we took the Yeoman Warder's tour (beefeaters)  I enjoyed it last time and it was just as good this time.  Saw the crown jewels and explored around the grounds.

Had supper on Tower Hill, where they had all the public exacutions and then walked along the river Thames with yummy Ben & Jerry's ice cream.  Walked across Tower Bridge just in time to watch it raise up to allow a river boat to go under.  Made a loop and am now back at our hostel relaxing.  Tomorrow we got tickets to take the tour bus around the city to see the sights, our plan is to go see the changing of the guard at buckingham palace, visit kings cross station, maybe the London eye and who knows what else.  Tomorrow night we have tickets to go see Wicked!  Excited.

Anyhoo, I told you it'll be short and sweet.

Our Yeoman Warder tour guide