Away I Go

Independence Travel Blog

Erika trying to sleep at Heathrow

Hello and welcome to my, Jen P's, travel blog of 2008.  In this edition you will find out about my travels around Scotland and England and then on to Liberia.  I will try to be as entertaining as I can, please ask questions, post comments and what not, I'll try to respond as quickly as I can, not sure how often I'll get to my computer.

So sit back and enjoy the adventure

So my trip began Sunday morning when my folks dropped me off at the airport in Cedar Rapids.  I spent to time up to heading through security teaching mom how to text on my phone, sorry if you were one of those who got a random message from me.  The hardest part of any trip is getting on the plane, it was no easier this time.  My folks had to stand at security to make sure I actually went through and mom said they would still be in town if I needed to be picked up!!!!  Needless to say, I got on that plane and off I flew to Chicago.

Worked my way around O'Hare and hung out at the gate waiting for my friend Erika Hansen, who I met last year on the ship and decided to travel a bit with her.  Anyhoo, my suggestion to you if you are flying internationally, travel British Airways, it was soooooo good!!!!  It was one of those massive planes, with an upstairs and everything!  Half the seats were cubbies that turned into beds, unfortunately we weren't in those, but it wasn't full so we were able to spread out, 2 seats each.  Each seat had its own tv, with over 20 some movies and 20 some tv shows to choose from.  The food was good, it wasn't freezing on board, I watched 3 movies and was actually sad when we arrived in London.

Anyhoo, landed around 0730 Aug 18, 2008 hung out in Heathrow airport trying to sleep a bit before catching our delayed flight to Edinburgh.

I'll end here for now, sorry if this entry wasn't very interesting or very colorful, i'll have pics ready for the next one.

Independence